FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions

Here you will find frequently asked questions about renting a motorbike in Vietnam. If you have any other questions or want to arrange the booking on a bike please contact us.

1, What bike is right for me?

This all depends on you and your needs.

Some of our bikes are more suitable for beginners while others are better for experienced riders looking for more power.

We have options which are better for 2 people and that can comfortably take 2 bags. The Honda Future 125cc and the Honda CB Verza 150cc are both good examples of this.

The semi auto Honda Wave 110cc is a great beginner bike and easy to ride whilst being very reliable and cheap to rent.

The Suzuki GD 110cc is a light manual bike and the best for someone new to riding manual bikes.

The Honda CB Verza 150cc and the Honda XR 150cc are both great for more experienced bikes and each have there own benefits. They both have extra power of the smaller bikes and make the ride more enjoyable.

The biggest bikes we have are the Kawasaki Versys 300cc and the Honda CB 500X which are perfect for Vietnam but are only for experienced riders.

It is best to contact us and let us know what your plan is and what is the most important aspects of the bikes are for you.

2, Should I rent or buy a bike?

For most of our customers a rental is the best option but this really comes down to how much time you have in the country as this will effect how much you have to sell your bike to someone else.

If you plan to take your bike into Laos or Cambodia then you need to buy.

But if you have just a 1 month visa in Vietnam then you will be short on time to sell the bike so we recommend to rent.

If you stay in Vietnam and are over 1 month then it depends on how much time you will have to sell and which bike as some bikes are easier to sell than others. In this case just contact us and we can give you more advice.

You can click on the link below for more information about renting or buying

Renting or Buying a Motorbike in Vietnam

3, Where can I pick up / leave the bike?

We have 5 shops in Vietnam, Hanoi, HCMC, Hoi An,  Hue and Ha Giang. You can pick up and drop off in any of these. Dropping off in Hoi An, Hue and Ha Giang does have a transportation fee though.

Drop offs in Hanoi and HCMC have no fee for most of the bikes.

The drop off fee is between $20 – $60 depending on the size of the bike.

Hai Van Pass rentals have no drop off fee.

We don’t deliver bikes to hotels as we need to give you information about the rental and arrange payment and contracts so you always pick up and return bikes at our shop.

customer renting honda xr ha giang

4, What is included when I buy or rent?

What is included when you rent or buy is the same except for the breakdown warranty for the rentals as mentioned below.

All of the bikes come with the following…

Luggage rack, bungee cords, lock, phone holder, USB charger, basic helmet, map and support helpline.

The additional items you might wish to get are…

Waterproof clothing and bag cover, protective clothing and a better quality helmet.

We also offer an optional damage waiver if you are renting which you can see here.

5, How does the deposit work?

The is a few options with the deposit.

Passport – If you leave a passport as a deposit then it needs to be the passport with the Vietnam visa. It is then sent to the shop that you are going to finish at.

Cash or Card – The deposit can be paid in cash or card but with a 3% fee on card. We do accept most major currencies in cash. The deposit is always refunded in cash though and we can only guarantee VND, Euro and USD. If you start and finish in the same shop then we can hold a cash deposit in any currency and return the same currency at the end.

6, How does the breakdown warranty work and what should I do if I breakdown?

If you do breakdown then the most important thing to do is contact us before anything else. We need to ensure that who ever works on the bike is good and trustworthy before they start and this is a major issue in Vietnam.

You will need to find a mechanic to help fix the bike which is usually quite easy in Vietnam, but if you can’t find a mechanic then just find a local and we will ask them where we can find a mechanic nearby.

On the map, contract, website and the bike itself you will find our helpline number. It is a whatsapp and normal number so you need to make sure that you are able to contact us somehow on this number.

Once you are at a mechanic then we will speak to them and find out what the problem is and agree a price. Once the work is done you will try the bike to make sure it is better. You pay the mechanic and keep the receipt or easier is to just message on Whatsapp the cost. At the end show we can just check any receipts or Whatsapp message to sort out the refund.

If you don’t contact us we can’t cover any costs.

7, What happens if there is damage to the bike?

Renters are responsible for damage on the bike. What is damaged and to what extent will determine how much it will cost to fix.

Bikes can be returned with the damage which you will then be charged for.

Any repairs done outside of Style must be on par with the repairs done in our workshop. Otherwise, you will be charged to bring these up to standard. To avoid such a case contact us before work is done.

We also offer an additional optional the damager waiver to cover against the cost of repairs if there is an accident which you can see on the link below.

Damage Waiver

8, Is their insurance?

No , we don’t offer insurance on our bikes. It is really not an option to be insured for third party, fire or theft in Vietnam.

9, Do I need a drivers license?

Yes you should have a license for riding in Vietnam although we don’t need to see this for you to rent a bike under 150cc.

The best license you can bring is the 1968 International Drivers Permit with motorbike stamp. The 1949 version is only possible for people coming from some countries and on the whole this is also fine in Vietnam as the police do not know the correct version but the 1968 IDP is the only one legally allowed in Vietnam.

You can translate a foreign license but this takes some time.

If you don’t have a valid license from your own country then you won’t be able to get a Vietnamese license.

For most people this isn’t a problem and the police rarely care about this.

police mui ne vietnam traffic

10, What should I do if the police stop me?

It is unlikely that you will be stopped by the police but it does happen, in particular in Mui Ne and Ha Giang.

Unfortunately it is out of our control when it comes to police. Being friendly and patient is what we recommend.

Ask our staff before leaving how to best deal with them.

If you need anything, just ring us for help.